Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Counterfeit Wrap

I've seen this wrap out there for carrying babies called the Moby. It's basically a long strip of fabric that is wrapped around the body in various ways to carry a baby in different ways. I've got a couple carriers already, so I just couldn't justify spending $30-$60 on another baby carrier, so I just admired them from afar.

Not long ago, I looked on the internet and found instructions to make something that works the same way, so I thought I'd share the love and pass it along. It's very simple really. Of course the manufactured ones are a bit more finished, but not any more useful.

All you need is 5-6 yards of jersey material that stretches in width, but not in length. What you purchase should be 60 inches wide. Then you cut it straight down the center and have two long pieces of fabric...one can be given away and one for keeping. You can overlock the edges or hem the up, but with jersey material, it's really not necessary. That's it. Instructions on wrapping yourself up with the baby can be found on the Moby Wrap website.

Here is a happy baby in the carrier...with a happy mama. Not only does Gwyneth seem content, but because of the way the wrap is positioned, it's really comfortable on the back and shoulders. In future, I plan to post a few more pictures of various holds.

Psst...one last thing...I only paid $5.50 for two wraps. The color wasn't exactly my favorite, but for a dollar a yard, color becomes a moot issue.

2 comments:

Aaron Bogott said...

Wes Patterson!!! How are you my friend? I got your blog site from Mark Haugen. Wow, what a beautiful daughter you have. Isn't she just a doll. You and your wife must be so proud. Ramona and I are in Russia starting a new business and serving in the local church. We are blessed with two lovely kids: Timothy (4) and Abigail (2). Our blog is http://bogott.blogspot.com/. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

These wraps are so neat! Wow! They look comfortable, practical, and pretty too. :O) Awwwww...

Sarah