Thursday, February 14, 2008

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet

...that's how life feels right now. Here are a few high velocity updates:

Gwyneth's walking and sometimes running and few times falling flat on her face breaking her lip open with her teeth. This is when she's not poking her eye out with a pinwheel or pulling a chair on top of herself. She's officially a toddler, a dear, sweet one that's a menace at the same time.

I was laid off of my job on Jan 31st. The news received two weeks previous was a shock to the system, but apparently once daycare and travel expenses are nixed from our budget, unemployment is just a bit shy of what I was making. So, it's really a blessing in disguise for now. I get to stay home for a short time with Gwyneth and also invest in gaining some experience in church ministries.

Yesterday we signed the purchase agreement on our house. Pending a successful inspection, we will close on June 27th and we will be homeless. In this market, it feels so good to say that. Of course there are so many benefits to owning a home, but I'm admitting that I've been a bit envious of those who are in rentals. We will soon be one of those families.

Work has been miserably slow for Wes' business. Of course with the housing market in "crisis" and our country in a recession, not many people are eager to invest their money in their homes at the current time. We've been nonetheless making it through and it's giving Wes time to write our 2-year church planting plan. That's a good thing.

I've been sick with the stomach flu. Although this is probably the most insignificant of my post, my body disagrees. Monday night in the midst of entertaining guests, I fell ill with no warning. I spent the night vomiting every hour. 10 times in 11.5 hrs. to be exact. Not that you want to know those details, but that's got to be some sort of record. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday recovering, only to start it all up again in the wee hours of the morning on Thursday. I thought the 24 hr stomach flu was only supposed to last 24 hrs.

I'll have to post some photos. It just means that I have to take some. I've got one somewhere with Gwyneth and her fat lip.

3 comments:

Team Davis said...

Wow! Things are moving fast for you. Congratulations on the house selling and for the time you and Gwyneth have together every day. I'm sure we'll be up to Duluth before you leave, and I look forward to seeing all of you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on selling the house! Yes God has a perfect timeline already in place for the move. When is the inspection?
I am excieted for you to be at home with Gwyneth for a season - I think that is also an answer to prayer!

HollyJa22 said...

Wow busy last few weeks!! Gwyneth is absolutely gorgeous!!