Friday, May 16, 2008

Inspired

Okay, obviously, you guys can tell that I've been inspired. There's been silence for quite a while in my part of the blogosphere, but all of a sudden I've got lots to post! I've seriously fallen in love with sewing for Gwyneth! It's probably just a stage that I'll grow out of in a week, but for the time being I've been so excited about sewing that I've literally been losing sleep over it!

Anyway, here are the fabric and notions that I found yesterday to get started on some skirts for Gwyneth. Fun!



Here is my first attempt at the skirt with no instructions or pattern. It turned out well, and given that I figured it out on my own, I'm pretty proud of myself. I really like it, but I think the next one I do will make a bit wider so that when the waist is gathered up, it's fuller at the bottom. I loved this little retro print and the baubles remind me of the buses in Mexico. They would often have similar decorations hanging around the windshield, along with some form of the Virgin Mary.



Eventually two more skirts will follow. Those will get posted sometime.

1 comment:

Team Davis said...

What a cute model! Nice job on the skirt, that inspires me to want to sew. I absolutely love the tassels and the bottom and the pattern of the skirt. Should I post the last sewing project Scott did? It was a diaper for our ferret!