Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Out of the Thick, or Is It Just Spring?

As you may have noticed, or not, because you've given up on this blog, things just haven't been very busy at this website address. Well, I'm hoping that's about to end. This winter has been a real downer, which really when I think about all that's been going on, it's not a surprise. We just left our family, friends, house, sold all our stuff and moved country, had to figure out bank accounts to socialized medicine, learn the new rules of the road on the opposite side, find new friends and new jobs...and in the midst of that, it turned from a slightly pleasant, but drizzly August into an oppressively gloomy, cold, rainy and dark winter. For any person, would be enough to turn anyone slightly mad. It sent me into hiding under my duvet, wondering if I would ever want to come out again. I'm out again, tentatively, but I'm out. It's good. Part of me wonders if it's because God is doing an amazing work in my life, or if it's just because the sun has come out for about 5 consecutive days (although I still consider that a miraculous work of God when living in N. Ireland). Either way, I'm taking the change in mindset and running with it, and unbelievably am posting. It's not much, but I figure I'll post some pictures of the highlights of this winter...and hopefully there will be eternal sunshine in my mind from here on out, or as much as there can be in an imperfect world.

Grandma and Grandpa Visit


Rope Bridge


Marching Onward with Daddy


Quiet 2nd Birthday, Because Gwyneth Was Quite Sick...She Didn't Seem to Notice Her Birthday Cake was Lame


Photos Taken on New Year's Eve





Gwyneth's Christmas Miracle


Our False Christmas Miracle...Loved Actually USING the Potty for a Day, Now It's Hit or Miss


Oh, and for our biggest news, there will be a Patterson #4...or shall I say IS a Patterson #4, due to make an appearance towards the end of September! Talk about an unexpected shocker, but we're pleased. I'm sure there will be plenty of gigantic belly photos to follow in the near days.

1 comment:

Matt and Kristi said...

Yay you're back!!!! It's good to hear from you guys and to know what you're up to. And CONGRATULATIONS on the new member of the Patterson family--how exciting! I will wait in eager anticipation of more posts on your blog now that I know you guys are still alive!