Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Officially Registered as a Childminder

I just got the phone call a few minutes ago that I am officially registered as a childminder and can now start accepting children into our home and provide them with daycare. I'm thrilled! This process has been a long one, and it finally looks as if I'll be able to begin making some financial contribution to our family "pot." So, as you think of us, please pray that God would provide me with and abundance of families and children that I could mind. I'm longing (hardly a strong enough word) to make a trip home this summer and part of it is relying on me being able to actually afford the plane ticket (surprise, surprise).

On a Gwyneth note, she's of course being chattier than ever. Yesterday the librarian commented on how clearly she spoke and how she seems to be blossoming with her speech. She told the librarian how "daddy reads the books to me" when we were checking out our new finds. It's also really fun to have her come up to me and say "mommy, whatcha doing?" Every day she surprises us with her songs and sentences and connections. She's been brilliant the past few days.

2 comments:

astefanich said...

Congratulations Lesley! You will be such a super child minder... If I lived in Belfast and had kids, I'd love for you to mind them! Also...a BIG Congratulations on expecting again!! I was so tunnel visioned on my own life that I completely missed that important news... My heart is sending lots of love and joy across the ocean...even if you can't hear it or see it... SW

astefanich said...

Dear Lesley, Congratulations on being an official child minder! If I lived in Belfast, and if I had children, I would want you mind them! :O) Also...a BIG Congratulations on expecting again!! Wow...I was so tunnel visioned on my own life that I completely missed that important news...Sending lots of love and joy across the ocean...even if you can't hear or see it...SW