Saturday, January 6, 2007

Gwyneth Noelle Patterson

Born January 3rd, 2007 at 4:17PM
8.4 lbs

19.9 in long
APGAR score 9 (We think she's already an overachiever...after all that score was right after slipped the cord off from around her neck. Of course we also think she's the most beautiful baby that ever existed.)

Last moments as a pregnant mom to Gwyneth when I was still smiling (hospital garb not very becoming, but still part of the story):


Stadol moment of rest - Although hoping for a natural birth, I decided I wasn't interested in being a super heroe that day...not long after I opted for maximum comfort with an epidural. I've heard from some that labor is just "uncomfortable" and from others that it's "the worst pain one can experience." I'd agree with the latter. It took the nurses 6 tries to get an IV in for that relief:


First moments on room air:


Proudest Papa - Just before leaving for home.:


Sweetest face ever - It's true:


Maybe I'll soon post the whole story of the birth...but at this point in time, I've got a hungry baby and only so many moments to catch some zzzz's.

We're now a happy family of three.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the parents! The cutest picture is Gwyneth in her father's arms. She looks at peace and adorable. Her dad looks so proud (the good kind of pride).

Please post a picture of Gwyneth and Grannie Williams and of Gwyneth with Wes's parents.

Grandpa Williams

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see pictures of baby Gwyneth. I can't wait to meet her! She is my favorite cousin. :)

Lauren

Team Davis said...

Congratulations- she's beautiful! We are very happy for your little family. We can't wait to meet Gwyneth.

Anonymous said...

Lesley, Mark and I are so pleased for you and Wes on the arrival of baby Gwyneth. She's beautiful. We're grateful she has wonderful Christian parents who will help guide her to find Jesus as her friend and Saviour. Praise God for His amazing gift!
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! She is adorable and her raucous 2nd cousins Rhys & Fin can't wait to terrorize her! Try to get some rest but enjoy these moments.

The Muellers

Miry Lou said...

Congratulation on your beautiful girl. I enjoy reading your thoughts.