Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Truant and Tardy

tru·an·cy (trōō'ən-sē)
n. pl. tru·an·cies
The act or condition of being absent without permission.

tar·dy (tär'dē)
adj. tar·di·er, tar·di·est

1. late; behind time; not on time: How tardy were you today?
2. moving or acting slowly; slow; sluggish.
3. delaying through reluctance.

Are we in trouble? This baby is already truant AND tardy, and it's not even come out to greet the world yet! I gave it the eviction notice on the 22nd (reason being: no more room in the womb), with a 4 day grace period. It remains absent w/o my permission.

I think I'm learning one of the most important lessons in parenting right now - PATIENCE!

Tomorrow is the first of my 10th month appointments, and hopefully the only one of my 10th month. I'm only two days past my due date and am already discouraged. Perhaps the doctor will offer me some glimmer of hope that babies do, in fact, come out. Speaking of facts, I've got a scary one; apparently in the last couple weeks and beyond, babies put on about a 1/2 lb. of weight each week.

Any prayers that this baby would soon vacate (healthfully of course) would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come out come out where ever you are ! Perhaps a strong willed child ? It might be in the DNA.

Love, Dad