Sunday, December 31, 2006

Passing of the Due Date and Into the New Year

Well, It's probably safe to say that my due date is not my delivery date. Obviously, as with every other mother that goes overdue, it is to my extreme dismay. My body keeps on tricking me with a whole slew of contractions that fizzle into oblivion, leaving my elevated hopes to be dashed. The good news though is that all of these contractions, even if they are fizzling, mean that my body is gearing up for the real deal, which could begin in the next few seconds, next few hours, next few days, or at the very worst 2 weeks out from now, when they would decide to induce me and force this baby from it's warm and cozy dwelling.

Currently, it's sleeting outside, so perhaps all that the baby is waiting for is some treacherous weather before we make a hurried trip to the hospital. Perhaps, it's a thrill-seeking baby (as if the actual process of birth wouldn't be thrilling enough).

It looks like the child tax break is going to elusively slip through our fingers for 2006...oh well, it still doesn't mean that we won't be ringing in the first day of the year with a crying baby in our arms. I'm trying to keep up hope that yes, someday this baby has to come out.

Cheers to the New Year!

No comments: