Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Progress!

Well, it seems like we're making progress on the house. Maybe that's all the baby is waiting for - a brand new bathroom, before it will come out! If that's the case, then it will soon be well on it's way!

Yesterday was the day to get it all done, and for the most part, both Wes and I are content with the progress we made. It may not be that interesting, but I think it's worth enough to puff out our chests a little bit!

Wes - the workhorse - Patterson put up one more layer of mud on the drywall seams on the kitchen ceiling, filled up almost an entire dumpster (approx 10'x4') of the bathroom and kitchen remodel refuse, as well as garage items that were left behind from the previous owners, did a couple loads of laundry, and installed track lighting in our kitchen! I was amazed to see all that he was able to do. I'm thankful for his brawn.

I also took the day off to clean the house and worked from the top to the bottom. Never have I done so much lifting, squatting, crawling on the floor, climbing stairs, etc. all in one day! I did do quite a good job of deep cleaning the house. The only rooms that I couldn't clean were the kitchen, as it was under construction, and the dining room which is currently serving as the under construction overflow. It shouldn't be long until I can clean those as well. After cleaning for about 10 hours straight, I took the bathtub for its maiden voyage, and a delightful soak it was! I've been looking forward to that moment for an entire year...and the best part is I didn't fall through the floor!

The baby can come now.

No comments: