Saturday, March 10, 2007

Back Into the Swing

We're back into the swing of things - sort of. I'm back at work, Wes is busy as usual and well, now we're figuring out how to manage it all with a baby that we're dying to spend such limited time with.

Being back to work has been tough. I get up at 5:45 AM and then go strong until 9:30 PM with little recess. I'm needing stamina and endurance and I am given just enough to make it through each day. This week I survived, more than survived! I was actually dumbfounded that I made it through. I'm not exactly sure what I thought would happen - the Apocalypse perhaps. The world, however kept on spinning, and my feet stayed grounded. I don't believe that I would have made it without God's help and the prayers that people "sent up."

Even though being back at work is difficult, I'm trying to find the silver linings of it. So far I haven't had to look too far. The best of the silver linings is that when I'm with Gwyneth, I am more able to enjoy every moment of it, even if she's wailing. I can't wait to get off of work and pick her up so that I can smother her with hugs, kisses, and "I love you's." When I spent all day long with her, meeting her every need could sometimes feel more like a job than a joy. With my eight hour break, it's become a joy.

Today has been a fun Saturday of observing Gwyneth. She's learning that she can do things with her hands. She noisly sucks on them to pacify herself and she'll use them to interact with toys (although still working on the gripping - unless it's my hair). This is fun development to watch. It happens so quickly! She's also been gal smiley. I sat her up in one of our easy chairs while I swept the room and she was so quick to smile when I would turn to look at her or say something. Sweet child.


One thing that that's been troublesome is that on Wednesday and Thursday ishe got into crying spells (that lasted up to a half hour) while she was at the sitters and the sitter couldn't get her to stop. When I was at home, the same thing would happen to me and it seemed to be a gas/digestive issue. Please pray that Gwyneth's gut would mature and that the sitter would be filled with patience and love during these times. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anna Haugen said...

Lesley & Wes-

Wow! Gwyneth looks beautiful.
We will pray for her that she gets over the long crying spells.
And we'll pray for stamina for you guys as well.
Looking forward to coming up to Duluth sometime soon.
Bless you guys.
Mark & Anna