Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Bed Training" Part Deux

It seems as we may have a success tonight as well! Here's to hoping. Gwyneth was put down at around 7:45PM. It's now 8:38PM. She's actually stayed in bed and under the covers (another 1st) this whole time, except just a couple times, where she actually hobbled over in her sleep sack to pick out her favorite book. I caved it and read it to her (shame on me) which cued another quick set of out of bed, back in beds. Now she's tucked in one more time and totally quiet. Bravo Gwyn!

We've been trying to get her really excited about this whole new sleeping arrangement and I think it's really worked. When Wes got home today, he looked at her new "bed" and told her how big she was getting, etc. She's been getting really good at putting all her stuffed animals to bed, Teddy, Bear-Bear, Red (another bear), Thing (an "ugly doll"), Ellie the Elephant, and Baby.

Maybe this is just the calm before the storm and I should be knocking on wood, but I didn't expect it to be so easy! We'll see what morning brings. She does the occasional stirring at 4 or 5AM and then goes back to sleep, but without boundaries, she may skip the going back to sleep part, which could present a nightmare...but for now, I'll be a proud mama! If we can do this, I think we may avoid problems in the future, as the early toddler will is not so strong as the advanced toddler will. I'd rather teach her "bed boundaries" during the early toddler stage.

1 comment:

Team Davis said...

Way to go! Okay, I'm still laughing that she has a doll called Thing. You'll have to tell me how the morning stir went because that is exactly why I'm avoiding the move for Avery.